Division of Pulmonology
The Division of Pulmonology offers outpatient and inpatient evaluation and care for pediatric patients with a variety of lung diseases including:
- Chronic cough
- Chronic lung disease of infancy, including prematurity
- Chronic Home Ventilation Program
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Exercise related shortness of breath
- Lung problems associated with neuromuscular disorders
- Lung problems associated with immune disorders
- Recurrent pneumonia
- Pediatric sleep disorders
We are the only accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center, Pediatric Sleep Lab in the state of New Mexico and offer a multi disciplinary Home Ventilation/tracheotomy Program.
Diagnostic procedures offered include:
- Sweat Testing
- Pediatric Sleep Studies
- Pulmonary Function Testing including basic spirometry/lung volumes, exercise and methacholine challenges, full cardiopulmonary testing and videolaryngoscopy for vocal cord dysfunction.
Patients are evaluated by a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals who also offer educational services to patients.